Windows to the Universe

Timoleague Abbey was founded by the Franciscan order in 1240 A.D. on the site of a 6th century monastic settlement founded by Saint Molaga. The name Timoleague means house of Molaga, Tigh Molaga. Although the stained-glass windows were smashed when the English sacked the abbey in 1612, much of the architecture survives and the ruins reign gracefully over the village.

FacebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinmailFacebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinmail